Friday 24 September 2021

Dealing with backlog: The Watch Dogs series

I've wanted to try my hands at these games for a while. I like a lot of Ubi's other stuff, so why wouldn't I like this? Open world adventure, kind of RPG... Sounds like my kind of stuff. So I got the first two games on this year's Steam Summer Sale. 

Watch_Dogs: I went into the first game expecting fun and possibly greatness. Instead I got a pretty cliché and mediocre story, gameplay that was pretty meh, and a main character about as interesting as watching paint dry. And he was fragile. Like damn. Jason in Far Cry 3 is more durable, and that's saying something. I shelved this game after ten hours. I just couldn't. There was nothing about this game that made me excited to play it. No sense of "I can't wait to go back in". It was just an overly meh experience. And annoying at times. Feels like everything I did during those ten hours was timed. Everything. I hated that timer. 

Watch_Dogs 2: I was skeptical towards  this game from the very beginning since I didn't like the first one, but decided to give it a shot. Already from the get-go this was a lot better than the original and I enjoyed my time in this game a lot more. But I never got to the point of "oh I can't wait to play some more!". It was always more like "Oh I guess I'll play some whatevs". At the time of writing this I still haven't completed the game but I also haven't played it at all for almost a month. I feel no incentive to go back in and play some more. I had some fun with it, there were some cool moments, and awesome characters, but mostly I just feel pretty meh about it. Wrench is best boi. I don't care about the rest.

I fully expected to finish these two and then head into Legion. But the way I've felt about these two games makes me not even want to pick up Legion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!