Wednesday 13 October 2021

I miss concerts T_T

Two weeks ago Facebook reminded me that it was two years since I went to my last Alice Cooper concert. September 27th, 2019. That was also the last concert I went to before covid hit. And I miss it so badly. Since 2006 I've been to at least one concert pretty much every year (that's including festivals) and somehow the thing I've missed the most while the world was ending was to be pressed against a whole lot of people jumping and screaming to my favourite musicians. 

When the world closed in March of 2020 I was still hopeful that I'd get to go to my annual festival that June. How bad could it be, was what most seemed to be thinking. But here we are 1½ years later and I've missed TWO festivals since then, because both 2020 and 2021 got cancelled and I don't even want to think about how many potential concerts there could have been...

The best memories I have from concerts are:
• Lordi in Malmö 2006. My first ever concert and it was just an amazing experience.
• Edguy in Malmö 2009. I was up front to the stage and cried when they played King of Fools.
• Disturbed in Copenhagen 2010. First time seeing them and it was a great show.
Alice Cooper in Stockholm 2011. My first ever Cooper show and I was so happy.
• Lordi at Sweden Rock Festival 2016. First Lordi show in eight years! I cried when they played Blood Red Sandman.
• Twisted Sister at Sweden Rock Festival 2016. Farewell tour and I was so happy to finally get to see them.
• Sabaton at Sweden Rock Festival 2016. One of the best concerts I've been to.
• Edguy at Sweden Rock Festival 2017. Once again I cried when they played King of Fools.
• Aerosmith at Sweden Rock Festival 2017. I was sitting by the other stage waiting for Edguy and just watched the show on the huge monitors. When they started to play I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing the whole festival area started to sing along whether they were attending the concert or not. It was magical.
• In This Moment at Sweden Rock Festival 2018. Probably the best concert of the year.
• Amon Amarth at Sweden Rock Festival 2019. The whole show was just incredible. 

I've seen Alice Cooper live five times (2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019). Disturbed, Lordi and Edguy three times each. Within Temptation and Nightwish two times each. 

Due to how things were in 2020 and in 2021 a lot of musicians started doing virtual live shows. Lordi was one of the first that I heard of and of course I was there for their Scream Stream. If that counts, then I've seen Lordi four times (and Cooper 2019 wasn't my last concert). I missed both of Within Temptation's and Nightwish's virtual shows due to work. 

I can't wait to get back into the concert crowds and fight my way to the front. Can't wait to get pressed against the fence and have my ears blasted by too loud music, while I'm screaming my throat raw and killing all my muscles by jumping and waving and headbanging for two hours straight. It's gonna be great.

And if everything can just keep going in the right direction then the next concert I have planned is an Alice Cooper show in Gävle next year. Seems almost poetic if I can have both my last concert before covid and my first concert after covid be Cooper. 

My seen live playlist on Spotify consisting of Lordi, Edguy, Nightwish, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Disturbed, Children of Bodom, Dir En Grey, Mustasch, All That Remains, Girugamesh, MUCC, DragonForce, Evergrey, In Flames, Lamb of God, Sabaton, Within Temptation, HammerFall, Dark Tranquillity, Avatar, Korn, Motorhead, Soilwork, Amaranthe, Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Alter Bridge, W.A.S.P., Arch Enemy, Powerwolf, Motley Crue, Toto, Airbourne, Hardcore Superstar, Thin Lizzy, Helloween, The Ark, The Sounds, Queen, Twisted Sister, The Hellacopters, Avantasia, Blind Guardian, Sixx:A.M., The Struts, Aerosmith, Scorpions, Ratt, Steel Panther, Apocalyptica, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, Stone Sour, Turbonegro, Tarja, In This Moment, Nazareth, Pain, H.E.A.T., The 69 Eyes, Kiss, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Tenacious D, Amon Amarth, Three Days Grace, Black Stone Cherry, and Indica.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!