Friday 17 September 2021

Mobile games

I keep getting pulled into these. Especially since they become better and better with each new generation of mobile phone. I've already talked about the two major Potter games, as well as PoGo, Fire Emblem Heroes and Mystic Messenger, but there are a few more that I've played around with. 

Matchington Mansion. This was my obsession for the better part of a year until now. It's a match-three game where every completed level allows you to redecorate/renovate a part of a mansion. I've put so much time into this, to the point where I finished every room in the mansion and I thought the game would be over, but instead it turns into some kind of open world match-three decorating game. When you finish the mansion you leave on a boat only to discover a tropical island (right next to a mansion that has a pine forest?) and you start helping the stranded hermit there repair his island villa. The hermit turns out to be a rockstar. It's weird. I stopped pretty soon after that.

Project Makeover. I started this while I was still deep into Matchington Mansion. It's basically the same game of match-three. But instead of redecorating a big house you're "redecorating" people. I didn't get very far into this since I was still grinding through Matchington Mansion. But I might pick it up again at some point.

Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells. This game has the Potter name on it, so of course I tried it. I didn't do much more than the first couple of levels, though. It's another match-three and Matchington filled that spot.

Choices. Several years ago I tried a game called Episodes and this seemed like a new, better and upgraded version of Episodes. It's basically a simulation game of interactive novels. A virtual novel game. It's super girly. And potentially super naughty. And super dumb. I did have some mindless fun with this, but like most of these interactive novel games they don't last very long.

Immortal Diaries. My current obsession. It's a dating sim and a dress-up game, but also an interactive novel,  but also kind of RPG-ish with levels and attributes and boss fights. The story is that you're an orphan who grows up at an orphanage until you're eighteen and a man comes to the orphanage and hands you your inheritance which is partly the deed to an old castle where the man works as a butler, and partly the inheritance that is in your blood. Your father had been a vampire of an ancient powerful bloodline. Your mother was human. As you learn to navigate the new world of vampires you also get to awaken and learn to use your dormant genetic powers inherent to your bloodline, all the while trying to avoid getting killed by enemies who don't wish to see your bloodline survive. The lore is nothing new, but also an amalgamation of a lof of different vampire lores. Super interesting how they've put it all together tbh. The character called Adrian looks deceptively like Dan Stevens, and the character called Nina looks strangely like Nina Dobrev. My favourite character is Marcus, but Adrian gives me all the right chills. The voice acting is amazing too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!