Monday 7 March 2022

Allt För Sverige S10

This show has been one of my guilty pleasures for the past eight years. For people who don't know (and I can't find any information on whether this show is actually broadcast in the US - although I feel like it should be) this is a Swedish reality show based on ten Swedish-Americans coming to Sweden to find their Swedish roots and the big prize at the end of the competition is a family reunion with the Swedish side of their family. It's great to watch the Americans find out about their history. It's also a lot of fun to watch their reactions to things that I find thoroughly normal but that they find super strange. 

They usually film it during early summer. Around June mostly. and then broadcast it during the autumn scheduling. But in 2020 the show was cancelled completely due to covid. And in 2021 they had to postpone it and so this season was filmed in August and the broadcasting ended just yesterday. 

Before this season started broadcasting it was announced as the last ever season of this show. Made me sad. But with the state of the world, I guess it's understandable. The world is a very different place now compared to when the show started in 2011. 

But then I read a post from the host's Instagram where he states he hopes for another season. So maybe it's not completely dead and gone? Fingers crossed for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!