Thursday 28 July 2022

Station 19

After I finished watching season 18 of Grey's Anatomy I still didn't feel done. So I decided to watch the currently on-going spin-off of that series: Station 19. 

The first season didn't have me hooked, but just a couple episodes in on season 2 and I was so invested. This show is better than Private Practice ever was and I adore Addison. 

I've cried so much to this show to the point that Toni keeps walking in and wondering why I keep watching this show that's making me sad. It keeps breaking my heart but it's soooo good. 

Ben Warren is the entire reason this show exists, but he's also the least interesting character.

 Andy was pretty one-dimensional up until season 4. Same goes for Jack. Their characters really get to explore themselves in season 5 and I'm all for it.

Maya is extremely unlikeable in the first three (ish) seasons, but she gets better with Carina around. By the time season 5 came around she had become one of my favourite characters. 

I liked Sullivan from the start and I really dislike his whole addict storyline, because I feel it was unwarranted and unnecessary. 

Travis has been my favourite since the beginning. Funny, loyal, just the right amount of flamboyant and with very strong values and opinions, which always come from a good place but are sometimes detrimental to his relationships. Travis is so real and I love him. 

I wish Vic had been allowed to be happy with Ripley. I loved their romantic relationship and nobody has been good enough for her since. Sorry, Ruiz. 

Dean tried really hard in everything he ever did. And yet I find myself remembering him as an afterthought. All the things he did, and he's still forgettable. 

The best part about bingeing this whole show was that I got to revisit a whole bunch of Grey's Anatomy episodes. Seeing Andrew DeLuca again felt like a gut-punch and re-experiencing that whole ordeal was really hard. I had forgotten about that one time a car crashed into Joe's and that was really cool to see again. 

I might just go binge How to Get Away With Murder to get more Shondaland in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!