Tuesday 7 February 2023

Brooklyn 99

I've seen all the memes from this show. I've seen the clips. And for years it was a show I considered watching, but one I wasn't entirely sure I'd enjoy since comedy is difficult for me. I like cynical, dark, sarcastic, punny humour. "I'm funny because I'm stupid" or "Let's make fun of this person" kinds of humour don't do it for me and I find them to be incredibly cringe. 

But Toni convinced me to give Brooklyn 99 a chance and I really enjoyed it. There were very few cringe moments and most of the show was just genuinely funny. 

Rosa and Gina quickly became my favourites, but Holt and Jake grew on me and I related so much to Amy. Stationery nerds unite!

Watching the first few seasons when I already knew Jake and Amy would end up together was kind of like rewatching Friends when you know Monica and Chandler will end up together. Just so much fun :3

They kinda dropped the ball on the last season, but everything up until that point was gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!