Tuesday 14 February 2023

Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle chapter

I'm so late with this post. I was going to post it after I played High Isle back in September, but then I forgot. Then I was going to post it after I played Firesong last month, but then I forgot again. The reason I forgot, I think, is mainly because this chapter just didn't do it for me at all. 

The archipelago is technically Breton territory which means we're back in the land of knights and nobility and none of that appeal to me. The druids could've been an interesting addition, but they just ended up being the same as the wyresses but with a different name.

The story is mostly obvious and there was no real mystery to who the villain was in either High Isle or Firesong. 

With High Isle they added a card game called Tales of Tribute, which is fun enough when played against NPCs, but not at all fun when played against other players. So exactly like Elder Scrolls Legends. 

I was very happy to run into so many old and known characters though! Jakarn, Captain Kaleen, Caska, Za'ji, Raz, and even Rigurt! And ofc Ayrenn, Emeric and Irnskar. It's a big ol' reunion!

Arabelle and Frii turned out to be pretty dang cool characters too and I hope we'll see more of Arabelle!

The final fight in Firesong was really epic but that's the only thing that main quest had going for it.

Necrom seems to be more my thing and I'm excited for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!