Friday 29 April 2016

Hanami in Stockholm - 6 years since last time!

Every year since I got back from Japan (can't believe it's been 6 years!) I've missed hanami. It's not a big deal in Sweden so it's possible to miss it. But every year I've wanted to go. This year for the season, I have a job in the centre of Stockholm and the office is very close to the Royal Gardens. So this time I decided to take a trip there after work last week.

I was sort of disappointed tbh. There are one-day festivals of cherry blossom viewing at different places in Sweden too, and particularly at the Royal Gardens they tend to make a fuss as soon as the flowers bloom. But it was so small. I thought the whole place would be pink, instead it was just one corner of the area. Also it was Spring showers that day so it rained every five minutes.

Here are some pictures from the day:
 The last picture is a shot of the whole area. Not very impressive, is it? Still, it was nostalgic to walk around the sakura again :3

For nostalgic purposes I'll also throw in one picture from each time we went hanami in Japan. There was more than one occasion!
 First time (10-03-20) in Kyoto. Second time (10-03-30) at Meguro-gawa, Tokyo.
 Third time (10-04-01) at the Imperial Palace, Tokyo. Fourth time (10-04-06) in Ueno, Tokyo.
 Fifth time (10-04-25) just outside the metro station in Sakura shimmachi, Tokyo where I lived. Sixth time (10-05-03) at Namsan outside Seoul, Korea.

 And also two songs that inevitably makes me think of those times we went hanami:
miwa - "Megurogawa"

Morning Musume Sakura Gumi - "Sakura Mankai"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!