Friday 1 January 2021

Game discovery of the year: Overwatch


I'm probably the last person to the party when it comes to this game. But I've never been one to keep up on trends quickly. 

I have a few online friends who are really into this game and have been for years. I met two of them for the first time in September 2019 and after that I bought the game, although I didn't play until May 2020. 

It's not a game that I pick up to play alone, but playing it with friends it's great fun. I like how quick a match is and how fast and intense the gameplay is. Although that was a challenge for my first few games because I didn't know the maps and everyone was just so much quicker than I was.

I'm not great at shooters, any kind of shooter, be it single-player or multiplayer. But when a match is so quick it doesn't really matter as long as you're not playing comp and I doubt I'll ever set my foot in comp. 

This far I've played the game five evenings of 2020 and mostly I've had a lot of fun. I've experimented with Soldier, Tracer, McCree, Genji, and Ashe, but I always come back to Reaper. Anybody surprised that my fave is the edgyboi? No? Me neither =D

I won't say that I'll never sit down to play this game on my own, but it seems like a game that's better suited to play in good company. Too much salt otherwise. 

I got my first Play of the Game for this stunt:



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!