Sunday 21 August 2022

The Sandman S01

Oh how I've been looking forward to this show! I love the comics, and after the announcement that it would be made into a show I just kept thinking "don't fuck this up". And I'm happy to say that they didn't. The comics are from the 80s and honestly progressive af for that time period, but they work so well in a modern environment too. 

The story is about Dream a.k.a Morpheus a.k.a The Sandman. He's one of the Eternals along with his siblings Death, Desire, Destiny, Destruction, Delirium and Despair. Death, Desire and Despair all make appearances on the show. 

The show is basically the first two volumes of the comic. It starts off with Dream's imprisonment and his subsequent escape and how the world is affected by his absence. Everything that happens in the show is a direct consequence to Dream's imprisonment. 

Hob's story is one of my favourites in the comic and they did it so well in the show.

The extra episode added just two days ago also features two of my favourite stories from the comics. 

The only realy complaint I've heard about this show is that it's a bit slow, and yes, the beginning of the story, even in the comics, feature a hell of a lot of world-building. But it's such an incredible world. And there's plenty of action. If David Thewlis doesn't get an award for the diner episode I'll riot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!