Sunday 3 November 2013

BioShock madness!

I'm starting to think that I love BioShock as much as Elder Scrolls. After Games for Windows was closed down I played through BioShock 2 again to get the Steam achievements. This time I also played through the DLC Minerva's Den, and I tried the Protector Trials. I'm not very good with challenges, though! I think I had to try the first challenge 5 times before I figured out how to pass it. I got to 12 stars (I think) before I tired of the challenges. On a whim I then decided to try out the mutiplayer part. I started it up not expecting to find many people still playing it, but I was surprised! I've played two maps, thus far: Survival of the Fittest (everyone for themselves) and Turf War (two teams against eachother). I never really liked multiplayer, cause I don't like having lots of people everywhere. But I found that fps mutliplayer is very different from MMOs, and for some reason it's not as frustrating to be killed by the same person over and over as it is to fail in a game at the same place over and over. Positive first experience of fps multiplayer! :P
1). Rapture. 2). Big Daddy doll. 3). Little Sister going home "Bye bye, Mr. Bubbles". 4). Schrödinger's cat! 5). This is MINE. 

I finally started playing BioShock Inifinite. I was sceptic, though, cause I knew I was going to miss Rapture. But I fell in love with Columbia as well, and after a whole day of only playing the game I found myself gliding along sky-lines in my dreams the following night! I like Infinite, but it feels more lik Dishonored than BioShock. Gliding along sky-lines isn't that far away from Blinking from rooftop to rooftop. Fighting soldiers rather than Splicers also feels more BioShock. I miss the Big Daddies and the Little Sisters. I'm also not sure if I like Elizabeth or if I find her extremely annoying. She just keeps running away and I have to run after her all the friggin' time! But her Tear-Opening is awesome and her finding stuff for me in the middle of battle is also awesome. As the story evolved as the game went on I became more and more amazed with the story. The final moment was incredible. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! =O After I finished the game I tried out the Clash in the Clouds DLC, which consists of a series of challenges. Completing the first one unlocks the next one etc. The first challenge includes 15 waves of enemies to defeat and to get the extra prize there is a specific way to do so. I keep failing at the 6th wave, which is kind of annoying. Now I'm eagerly awaiting Burial at Sea DLC, which will finally take us from Columbia back to Rapture! 9 days to go! Can't wait! :D
Columbia

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth irriterar mig också! På massa sätt, tycker hon ska få slåss liiite iaf.. men nope nope.
    Ganska likt Dishonored som du säger.. fast personligen gillar jag Dishonored mycket mer xD Har nog både med att man är mer sneaky, mer tänk lixom, och miljöer och karaktärer att göra.
    Men ja, ELder Scrolls foreveeer! Spelade faktiskt Skyrim idag.. slutar alltid med att jag tar upp det och gräver ner mig i det totalt från tid till tid, speciellt kring de kallare årstiderna!

    Kommer du spela Elder Scrolls online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tror mest jag hade tyckt hon var i vägen om Elizabeth fick slåss :P Gillar att hon ger mig saker :3
    Ja, alltså jag gillar Dishonored, men vi är inte riktigt bra kompisar. Hur jag än gör så klarar jag inte av att sneaka förbi alla utan att någon märker mig och en mission med Tallboys är bara en dödsförklaring. Så jag gillar nog Bioshock mer än Dishonored tbh :P
    Elder Scrolls <3 Hittade faktiskt den där modden du pratade om som skulle göra grafiken bättre till Morrowind. Har inte provat ännu, men ja. Är själv lite sugen på att plocka upp Skyrim igen. Men är samtidigt lite rädd för att jag ska fastna igen >.<

    Jag är inget jättefan av MMOs, men jag älskar Elder Scrolls så kommer nog prova det och så får vi se ^^ Du då?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo jag ska absolut köra Elder scrolls online! Men har också lite svårt för MMO konceptet..så får se! Men jag tror det kan bli grymt!

    Jo men det var sjukt dumt att börja spela igen nu när jag skriver uppsats XD Men men..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! xD Av någon anledning så är man alltid mer spelsugen när man har en uppsats att jobba på xD Jag har själv gjort två stycken så jag vet precis hur det är xD

    ReplyDelete

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!