Wednesday 17 July 2024

Doctor Who S14 (S01)

So apparently Ncuti Gatwa's 15th Doctor onward is a new reboot so this should be S01 and not S14, but that's confusing as fuck so I'll keep it as S14 tyvm. 

I was very excited for the first proper season with the new Doctor and Ruby and just like every season there were some episodes which were just plain cringe (Space Babies), some which were just plain boring (The Devil's Chord, Boom), and some that were just plain amazing (73 Yards, Rogue, The Legend of Ruby Sunday, Empire of Death). 

The Dot and Bubble episode felt like a Black Mirror episode. 

And we still don't know who Ruby's old lady neighbour is and why she knows the Tardis. But all the callbacks to Hartnell's Doctor in the finale double episode gave me all the feels and so many hopes for upcoming seasons with Gatwa!

Ruby was a great companion and it makes me sad that she seems to only be in this season.

The change in showrunner is very noticeable. By bringing back RTD it feels like we're bringing back early reboot Who (Eccleston and Tennant) and I'm all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!