Tuesday 2 July 2024

I replayed Dragon Age Inquisition

In December 2022 I replayed both Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 with the intention to replay Dragon Age Inquisition too at a later point. After the reveal of The Veilguard coming later this year I decided it was time to complete the trilogy and do a playthrough I had thought about for quite some time: a very pro-mage elf who finds herself sharing Solas' worldview and wanting to find him to join him, not stop him. 

The game allows for most of that, although Trespasser is pretty rigid in which direction you should go regarding Solas. I wish it were a bit more open for roleplay a Solas romance Inky should have the option to remain loyal to him and not just be heartbroken, angry and vowing to stop him. She's a mage. She's an elf. He's one of their actual gods. I want her to remain by his side! Why are you not letting me?! T_T

Anyway I resolved to do a 100% complete playthrough, including requisitions and side quests and war table missions and all the goddamn shards. I still hate the Forbidden Oasis. Hinterlands is very big. Hissing Wastes is very empty. Forgotten Mire is very annoying to loot. But nothing gets even close to the rage-inducing annoyance that is the Forbidden Oasis :@

I tried to recruit all the Agents and do all the Judgements in a way Solas approved of, and I maxed out his approval pretty early on. I tried really hard to make Vivienne my Divine this time, but I still ended up with Leliana. Every single time it's Leliana.

Corypheus walking through the fire at Haven is still the coolest scene ever and it still gives me goosebumps. 

As for the DLCs, Jaws of Hakkon was still underwhelming. It still feels like a filler. The Descent was more amazing this time than the first time I played it, probably because I now get the mindblowing implications better. Trespasser just makes me sad. Behind all the lore and the implications for future games, it's just so sad. The links above are from when I completed each DLC for the very first time. (The Trespasser post didn't age well)

Going back to read my original posts about Origins, DA2 and Inquisition from when I completed them all for the very first time was a lot of fun. 

Now I really can't wait for Veilguard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!