Sunday 21 July 2024

Grey's Anatomy S20 and Station 19 S07

I've been so bad at watching shows on my own lately.

S20 of Grey's Anatomy was a wild ride. I was worried what the show would be like without Meredith Grey/Ellen Pompeo, but she sticks around and shows up every few episodes and she still does the narration for every episode intro and outro. The new interns have really grown on me and I really like the new peds attending. Catherine seems more concerned with PR and image than medicine, which I suppose is great for the shareholders but less great for the doctors, and that creates friction and secrecy throughout the season. The events of the S19 finale has consequences for the intern throughout this season, but it looks like they're gonna overcome them. Maggie and Winston need to get their shit together. Love to see Amelia is finally in a good place. I'm not ready to let go of Webber. 


S07 of Station 19 turned out to be the last. The show was cancelled, and while they tried to wrap the whole thing up in the last episode it still felt very sudden. The wildfire three-parter was absolutely amazing and I love this entire show so much. It's the best spin-off Grey's has ever had and I don't want it to be over and done. The episode celebrating Pride and Maya's subesequent confrontation with Mason portrays the changing political landscape in terrifying clarity. Warren going back to be a surgeon is a good thing imo. I still want Sully and Andy to be together, but Sully's and Natasha's engagement party made for a great episode. I want more Station 19, please bring it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!