Thursday 18 July 2024

Game completed: Immortals Fenyx Rising

It's been over a week since I last played and at this point I don't think I'll continued with the DLCs. I had previously seen bits of gameplay from this game from watching Toni and ti0 play it, and then it was gifted to me on Steam, which ofc meant I had to play it too.

The RPG elements and the Greek mythology story tickled me, but I'm notoriously bad at platformers and this game presented so many instances of me wanting to tear my hair out because I couldn't time a jump. 

Still, the Greek mythology RPG aspects drew me in and I had a lot of fun exploring the map and 100% everything. I loved the aesthetics of the game and I had a lot of fun combining armor fashion with Phosphor and the mount to make them all match up nicely. 

My favourite part of the story and map to explore and complete was Athena's. Afrodite was too cringey, Ares was too toxic masculinity, Hephaistos was pretty cool. As much as Hermes tried to be funny I mostly found him annoying. Zeus' area was easily the most annoying part of the game; the whole freeze mechanic didn't appeal to me and I died more to the environment in that area than I did in the entire rest of the game combined. 

The vaults were fun for a really long time but towards the end of the game I was so very sick of them. Like so so so sick of them, and this contributed to why I didn't continue with the DLCs: I couldn't stand the idea of having to do a whole bunch more vaults. 

I really enjoyed all the huge story-related vaults though! Especially the last one where you fight Typhon. 

Prometheus just can't catch a break. Speaking of Prometheus... The entire time I played I could recognise his voice but I couldn't remember from where. It's the same VA as Sam Coe in Starfield! 

So yeah, I had a lot of fun with this game, but it got a bit repetitive and much in the end. Worth it, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!